*Because it’s a Roast Chicken kinda day*
This great recipe comes from the kitchen of a woman Daily Bloom is just crazy about. She always has something delicious brewing in her kitchen and she has shared a great and simple Roasted Chicken Recipe with us. Here is a little excerpt from her message to us: “My interest for cooking comes from my family. I have been blessed to have been raised in the kitchen. There were countless times that my great-grandma, grandma, my mom, aunts and many cousins were together in my grandmothers small Brooklyn kitchen preparing wonderful meals and also memories. So for a title for my recipe how about: The Inter-generational Inspired Cook. Meals Motivated by family and love.”
1/2 Roasted Chicken with Herbs and Lemon
- Put Chicken in a large bowl and cover it with olive oil. Also use some organic Ghee and spread that all over the chicken. Toss in fresh rosemary, thyme and sage. Use the juice of 1/2 a lemon and slice the other half and place on chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat oven to 450; take chicken out and sit at room temp for 20 to 30 minutes
- Transfer the chicken to roasting pan, roast until golden brown, baste with pan juices a couple of times, roughly 45 minutes.
- Once golden brown, reduce heat to 325. Insert meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh and continue to cook until it reads 165 degrees.
- Once it reaches 165 take it out and let it stand a few minutes before cutting it.
Note: Our inspired cook bought a whole organic chicken from Bolton’s Farm and had their butcher cut the bird right in half so she could get two meals.