We have turned our dining room table into a coaster making workspace! This inexpensive and festive craft will be given to everyone in the family, so if you are family avert your eyes!
4 square tiles from your local hardware store (4.25″ x 4.25″)
4 pieces of scrapbook paper (3.75″ x 3.75″)
4 pieces of felt (3.75″ x 3.75″)
Mod Podge (we made our own with equal parts water and Elmers glue)
Glue (i.e. Fabri-tac or other strong adhesive)
Clear acrylic sealer
- Brush one coat of Mod Podge onto tile.
- Place one piece of paper on center of tile. Allow to dry.
- Brush on another coat of mod podge on top of paper. Allow to dry 15 minutes and repeat 2-3 more times.
- After mod podge is dry, take tiles outside and spray with clear acrylic sealer. Follow manufacturers instructions. The sealer makes these tile coasters water-resistant.
- Allow coasters to dry completely. Once dry, glue felt squares to the bottom center of the tile.
- Wrap four of these coasters up with some beautiful ribbon and you’ve got a gorgeous handmade gift.